What about a creamy buffalo chicken casserole on the dining table after a tiring day in the office? Why not share this mouth-watering dish with your loved ones after a week long busy schedule? It is very delicious and easy to cook. Your family would definitely love this dish one they taste it!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole nutrition facts:
Fat: 20 g
Carbohydrate: 35 g
Protein: 17 g
Buffalo chiken casserole recipe
Published: December 1, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
[two_third last="no"] What about a creamy buffalo chicken casserole on the dining table after a tiring day in the office? Why not …
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless (cut into strips)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 2 oz pimentos sliced and drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cups blue cheese crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon parsley chopped & fresh (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cook the elbow macaroni, drain, and then set aside.
- Whip cornstarch and milk in a bowl.
- On a medium heat, sauté garlic and onion, add the carrots and celery until softened. Add the chicken strips and cook until the chicken is turning brown
- Add the mixture of cornstarch and milk, and add the salt and grated cheese.
- Wait for the chicken mixture to boil in a medium heat with occasionally stirring to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- Remove the mixture from heat when it is already bubbly, and then add the hot sauce to it.
- Put the macaroni in a 9×13 baking dish, and top it with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle blue cheese on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh parsley on top of the casserole after baking it.
- Skill Level: Advanced