This creamy and cheesy chicken casserole would definitely be the star of your dining table. The blended sour cream and cheddar cheese makes it really delightful. The mozzarella cheese and crispy bread crumbs on top of it makes you ask for more as you chew. This is totally irresistible! It is not only delicious, but it is also nutritious. If you cannot make your kids eat vegetables, why not try this dish and watch them munch over a dish with vegetables?
Cheesy Chicken Casserole nutrition facts:
Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrate: 39 g
Protein: 17 g
Cheesy chicken casserole
Published: December 1, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
[two_third last="no"]This creamy and cheesy chicken casserole would definitely be the star of your dining table. The blended sour …
- 3 cups chicken breasts cooked,cut into strips
- 1 pound carrots and broccoli
- 24 oz sour cream
- 1 cans chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the carrots, sour cream, chicken soup, and cheddar cheese.
- Put the broccoli at the bottom of a 9” baking pan.
- Pour in ¾ of the mixture over the broccoli.
- Place the chicken breast on top of it.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Combine the melted butter and egg in a bowl and pour it in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake it for 20-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Skill Level: Advanced
- For a more enticing dish, you may add any topping you want, e.g. raisins or almonds.
- To make it crispier, you may add bread crumbs between each layer, and put additional bread crumbs on top of the dish.
- If you love veggies, you may also add cauliflower, and put in at the bottom of the baking pan, together with the broccoli.