Remembering the enticing smell and the delicious taste of the dishes your mother cooks for you when you were a child is one of the most amazing things to remember in this world. Chicken broccoli casserole is one of the most famous recipes in town. It is best for small family gatherings. Your kids would definitely love to give you a hand when preparing this dish. So here are simple instructions that will teach you on how to have this nutritious and delicious recipe.
Сhicken broccoli casserole nutrition facts:
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 39 g
Protein: 18 g
Сhicken broccoli casserole recipe
Published: December 1, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
[two_third last="no"]Remembering the enticing smell and the delicious taste of the dishes your mother cooks for you when you were a …
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 pack frozen broccoli
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup graham crackers crushed (optional)
- The first thing you have to do is to cook the chicken breast. It is very simple and easy. You just need to make sure that you can shred the chicken after cooking. You may boil the chicken in 3 cups of water. You may also add onions and salt to make the chicken tastier and juicier.
- After bringing the chicken breast into boil, you will see its tenderness. It’s time for you to remove the chicken and let it cool down at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken to cool down, wash the broccoli and spread it in the baking pan. Make sure to fill out all the edges of the pan.
- The chicken breast will be the second layer of the dish. Cut it into strips and place it on top of the broccoli.
- After spreading the chicken on top of the broccoli, prepare the third layer of the casserole. You just need to mix 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise in a separate bowl. You may also add ¼ cup of crushed graham crackers if you want it to be creamier.
- Pour the mixed sauce on top. This would serve as the third layer of the casserole.
- After filling in all the edges, spread 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on it. If you want it to be cheesier, you may add another half of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Skill Level: Beginner
- If you want this recipe to be tastier, you may double the cream of mushroom soup, and you may also use 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese instead of using just half of a cup.
- Boiling the chicken is better than frying it. However, you may boil it first, and then fry it afterwards. Remember to season it with salt and pepper before frying.
- If this is your first time to cook this dish, don’t hesitate to do it. Chicken broccoli casserole is one of the most famed and easiest recipes that anyone can try. Not only it is easy to make, but it is also nutritious. Your family would definitely love this dish.