Chicken enchilada casserole is a great dish for your weeknight meals, parties and events. This dish is also fabulous to serve as a starter. It is tremendously delicious and full of cheese. Chicken enchilada casserole is quite famous among young people. Most of the people like this dish so much, that they typically order this dish in the restaurant.
In addition to the youngsters, kids become very happy to eat this chicken casserole in their dinners and lunches. So, this dish is a great solution for mothers as well. You can prepare chicken enchilada casserole in maximum 2 hours. And all the instructions or directions for making this dish are quite easy. You can use the below recipe to have a serving of 9 to 10 people.
Fat: 13 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Protein: 15 g
Chicken enchilada casserole recipe
Published: December 1, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
[two_third last="no"]Chicken enchilada casserole is a great dish for your weeknight meals, parties and events. This dish is also …
- 5 pieces chicken skinless and boneless. You must take breast pieces of chicken
- 16 ounces tortillas You must cut these tortillas in half.
- 28 ounces green Chile enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces cheese It is preferable to have Monterey Jack cheeses.
- 8 ounces sour cream Make sure that this sour cream is low fat
- Firstly, take out your baking dish from the oven and then brush it with butter or oil. After that, put the baking dish in the oven and heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Now wash your chicken pieces properly and then season all these pieces with garlic salt. You can use garlic salt according to your requirement and taste.
- Now, place these chicken pieces in your baking dish and then bake them for around 45 minutes.
- Bake these pieces properly so that no area of chicken remains pink and uncooked. When the baking process finished, take those pieces out and keep them on the side.
- Now, use your metal tongs to make tortillas. You must char each piece of tortilla over the medium flame for about 1.5 minutes.
- You must make sure that all tortillas are lightly puffed. After this, take out your baking dish again but this time pour enchilada sauce into it.
- You must fill the baking dish with ½ inch of this sauce. And then arrange all pieces of tortillas in the dish.
- After that, top this dish with chicken, cheeses, sour cream and enchilada sauce. Repeat these layers again. After doing all this, sprinkle cheese on the top of the dish and cover it properly. Now put this dish into oven and start the baking process.
- ake this dish for 45 minutes in the oven. Make sure that the oven is preheated otherwise the chicken enchilada casserole will take longer time to complete.
- Allow baking for 45 minutes so that all the ingredients of the chicken enchilada casserole are cooked and the cheese melts properly.
- Skill Level: Advanced